Area Sales Manager (Germany)
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Reports to: Export Field Sales Manager
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (36 hour per week Monday to Friday)
Enesco Group, Inc. is a world leader in the gift, collectible and home décor industries. Serving approximately 25,000 customers globally, Enesco distributes products to a wide variety of specialty card and gift retailers, home décor boutiques, mass market chains and direct mail retailers. Internationally, Enesco serves markets operating in Europe, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Enesco’s product lines include some of the world’s most recognisable brands, including Disney, Yankee Candle, Willow Tree and Beatrix Potter and many more.
Enesco Ltd is based in Carlisle, England and supplies the UK, Ireland, Continental Europe (Excluding France, Italy & Spain), Middle East, Africa & Australia.
The Enesco Group Head office is Enesco LLC based in Chicago, USA.
As you might expect, Germany is a key market for us and generates a significant segment of our revenue.
Further information on Enesco Ltd. can be found here.
We are currently looking to employ two Area Sales Managers; one ideally based in Hessen/ Nordrhein-Westfalen/Niedersachsen to look after the western part of Germany as far south as Frankfurt; and one person ideally based in or around Berlin/Dresden/Leipzig to look after the eastern part of Germany as far down as Thüringen.
The role involves the care and support of 3–400 existing customers, as well as looking for new customers, either online or physical outlets. The ability to work with and build relationships with your retailers, is at the very heart of this role. There will be a significant amount of travel and Enesco will supply a company car. We offer a competitive basic salary and an attractive bonus scheme. We also cover all company travel costs.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to learn, a quick thinker and able to deal with a variety of customers. We are as interested in the person, as we are in your experience and whilst you may not have experience in 'on the road' sales, we would be interested in applicants who have worked with the public, on a regular basis and enjoy talking to people. Any applicant must have a good standard of written and spoken English.
Area Sales Managers (ASMs) are responsible for all Enesco sales activities for both existing and new customers as defined by the Company within Europe and for developing and maintaining relationships with those customers. ASMs are also responsible for identifying new markets and business opportunities and for arranging meetings with potential customers to win new business. ASMs are expected to make a significant contribution to maintaining and exceeding the excellent customer service for which Enesco is renowned and to provide effective contact between the Company and its existing and potential customers.
• Achieve and exceed the annual sales plan
• Achieve and succeed targets for new accounts and product placement
• Identify and develop new customers /channels for existing ranges
• Identify and develop new customers /channels for new product launches
• Focus on key customers and revenue drivers through ABC categorization
• Devise and implement annual business plans and key objectives for key customers
• Devise and implement an effective journey plan detailing appropriate call frequencies for A, B and C customers
• Set key objectives for every call.
• Prepare sales forecasts and progress reports as requested by sales management
• Participate in trade shows as required
• Manage customer enquiries and issues promptly and effectively.
• Develop effective operational knowledge of customer’s organizations, competition, points of leverage and the market
• Ensure 100% compliance with the Sales Training Check List
• Manage all external and internal correspondence promptly and effectively
• Review personal sales performance versus plan via weekly sales report
• Liaise with Customer Services to check the progress of existing orders
• Monitor customers’ credit status
• Comply with ad hoc information requests/ questionnaires from Head Office
• Action all orders promptly daily
• Ensure professional presentation of sales information to customers as required
• Update sales presenter on an ongoing basis
• Feedback customer requests/trends via the Sales Director
• Follow all Company procedures as outlined in the Company Manual
• Represent the Company at all events/demonstrations taking place within your area
• Provide retailers with sound, commercial motivation to give our brands prime sites in-store
• Provide merchandising/ support to customers
• Ensure that all point of sale and sales aids are used to maximum effect
• Achieve increased distribution of Enesco brands via seasonal displays
• Strive to create excitement and theatre in-store
• Brief customers about all promotional activity including new and future product development.
• Any other duties commensurate with the role
• This job description will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis by the line manager
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter in English to email@example.com explaining why you think this is the right job for you.
First interviews will be held online (Microsoft Teams) and then second interviews will be held in person in Germany.
Also please confirm your current salary and/or salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th December 2023.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice to see how we process your personal data.