Reports to: Marketing Director
Overall Role Purpose
This is a newly created role within Enesco, and we are looking for an individual to be responsible for leading all Digital/e-Commerce application development, technology operations, and data analytics from a business-side perspective. The responsibilities include setting the strategy, overseeing resources, and driving the execution. From a technology perspective, this individual is the operational and strategic owner. They are also responsible for the operations of and the leveraging of our site data analytics to help drive improved site usability and improved conversion. They own the daily monitoring of site performance from a functionality, usability, and flow perspective. In depth knowledge of site key performance indicators and utilising it across our best-of-breed data analytics package is extremely important to be successful.
• The technology roadmap for all external web properties (desktop and mobile). Consults and recommends key direction to upper management going forward. Extremely important to understand and cost benefit analyse to assist in optimising technology investments.
• Act as project coordinator, business project manager, and business analyst (working with e-commerce team and outside vendors) on developing new site features and improving functionality on existing features.
• Writing and/or coordinating resources to write, new site functionality requirements.
• Primary liaison and owner of application development.
• Coordinates quality assurance testing.
• Use site analytics to analyse user behavior on all websites. Based on the analysis will make recommendations on how to improve the shopping experience, and therefore conversion, on the website. This will include formal usability testing and heuristic testing.
• Monitor site performance on an ongoing basis. Identifies solutions to optimise performance of site such as response time, page load times, path optimisation, page errors, checkout funnel optimisation, page abandonment, and all other analytical key performance indicators.
• Communicates and keeps key stakeholders, informed of key business issues and makes recommendations.
• Web Analytics tools
• Strong knowledge of search engine marketing, and all its variations
• Social media analytics tools
• Ecommerce platform Shopify.
• Online advertising tools such as Google Ads, Google Product Listing Ads (PLA's) and display ads
• Experience working with the major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships internally and externally.
• Demonstrates strong sense of urgency.
• Flexible with ability to quickly shift with the needs of the business.
• Able to influence and drive changes.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Demonstrates high degree of initiative.
• Can effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Strong organisation and follow through skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years experience, which can be a combination of online technology, application development and/or e-commerce.
• Experience managing SEO, ecommerce, email marketing, and social media.
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
• Previous experience in a similar marketing role.
Do you want to work for a company that’s going places and who focuses on ‘working together’?
Do you want to shape the success of your function?
Do you have a minimum 5 years’ experience of online technology, application development and/or ecommerce?
Then, we want to hear from you…
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). The location of the post holder is flexible. However, you will be within a commutable distance from our Head office in Carlisle, where you will be required to work at least 2 days per week.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the job, please apply in writing/email to the Human Resources Department, Enesco Ltd, Brunthill Road, Kingstown, Carlisle CA3 0EN or email firstname.lastname@example.org (with your current curriculum vitae)
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 6TH MARCH 2020
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice to see how we process your personal data.